Sunday 27 February 2022

Standing on the promises of God

See the source image

Russell Kelso Carter wrote a beautiful song in the 1870's. The words remain true even in today's broken world:

Standing on the promises of Christ my king,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.


Chorus:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Saviour,
Standing, Standing,
I am standing on the promises of God.

Verse 2:
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word and God, I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

May we find the promises of God to be our sure foundation.

2 Corinthians 1:20 - For in him every one of God’s promises is a “Yes.” For this reason it is through him that we say the “Amen,” to the glory of God.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: