Sunday 7 November 2021

When character is lost, all is lost


Billy Graham was born on the 7th November 1918 and has arguably impacted the lives of more people than almost any other Christian leader. On this day I would like to remember the incredible legacy he left our faith and the many words of wisdom he offered to all believers. 

"When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost."

"I am not going to Heaven because I have preached to great crowds or read the Bible many times. I'm going to Heaven just like the thief on the cross who said in that last moment: 'Lord, remember me.'

"Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ."

Today, the quote that speaks to me the most is the first one. Which one stands out for you?

Acts 17:11 - "Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: