Thursday 25 November 2021

Do not give in to fear


To mark the beginning of 16 days of Activism in South Africa I wanted to share this beautiful quote from Rosa Parks. As you read this please reflect on your own fears, convictions, ministry and the hurdles you need to overcome.

“I learned to put my trust in God and to see Him as my strength. Long ago I set my mind to be a free person and not to give in to fear. I always felt that it was my right to defend myself if I could. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear." - Rosa Parks

This made me think about Jesus' final moments again. Was he afraid? Was he tempted to give into his fears? 

If we understand his humanity, then I am sure there would have been a part of Jesus that encountered fear, but at the same time, Jesus would have known the peace that passes all understanding. The Father gave him strength to overcome the greatest challenge in his life.

And God can do the same for us too.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: