Thursday 19 March 2020

16

Image result for MAtthew 16 - Who do You say I am
Who do you say Jesus is?
Lent is a time where we get to reflect on this in a much deeper way and of course now, in these present circumstances, we ask ourselves this question with a different emphasis.

"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” - Matthew 16:13-16

Although I strongly feel that our faith needs to be community based and we need be part of the body of Christ, I also believe we must start with answering this key question:

"Who do we say Jesus is?"

Being a prophet at such a time as this may be helpful (like Jeremiah), or even if Jesus was someone like John the Baptist, preparing the way for us,  BUT I urgently need Jesus to be my Saviour, Friend and Comfort in the midst of this storm.

What do you think?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: