Tuesday 16 July 2019

Prompting

Related image
Have you ever found yourself thinking of a person in the middle of the day/night and wondering why their name popped into your mind? There may be all sorts of explanations for this, but I want to believe that God's Spirit prompts us to pray for people at all kinds of times and on all occasions. My advice for all of us is this - when this happens say a short prayer for that person - you may just be changing their lives.

Here is a lovely poem that speaks of the same thing. It is written by Marianne Farningham and is called - “Pray One for Another”:


I cannot tell why there should come to me
A thought of someone miles and miles away,
In swift insistence on the memory-
Unless there be a need that I should pray.

Too hurried oft are we to spare a thought,
For days together, of some friend away;
Perhaps God does it for us, and we ought
To read His signal as a call to pray.

Perhaps, just then, my friend has fiercer fight,
Some overwhelming sorrow or decay
Of courage; darkness, some lost sense of right;
And so in case he needs my prayer, I pray.

Friend, do the same for me; If I unsought
Intrude upon you on some crowded day,
Give me a moment’s prayer, in passing thought;
Be very sure I need it; therefore pray.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: