Tuesday 2 July 2019

Don't forget me

 Image result for Do not Forget me
We are all very busy! Sometimes we don't even know how we will fit in all the things that fill our calendars and diaries. And then we contemplate how little we pray and spend time in the presence of Jesus - which makes us even more bleak. Despite the reality of our busyness, I found today's prayer very helpful. It acknowledges our shortcomings, and at the same time, reveals our dependence on our Saviour.

"O Lord, thou knowest how busy I must be this day.
If I forget thee, do not thou forget me." - Lord Astley

I find it very comforting that even in the moments where I forget God, he has not forgotten me.
Let us hear the words of grace that come from today's prayer, but equally, let us remember the challenge that Solomon gave to the Israelites.

Proverbs 4:5 - Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: