Thursday 14 June 2018

Howling wind

At the moment I am listening to the wind howling outside my office window and it conjures up all kinds of thoughts, most of which make me imagine myself hiking through Antarctica (although I have never been close to the place). It is funny how a sound can spark off some random thoughts in our minds. On a related note, I checked to see if there were any scriptures that related to the 'howling wind' and this is the closest one.


“For the people of Israel belong to the Lord;
    Jacob is his special possession.
10 He found them in a desert land,
    in an empty, howling wasteland.
He surrounded them and watched over them;
    he guarded them as he would guard his own eyes.
11 Like an eagle that rouses her chicks
    and hovers over her young,
so he spread his wings to take them up
    
and carried them safely on his pinions." - Deuteronomy 32:9-11

Even though we may find ourselves in a 'howling' wasteland, God still watches over us and he still comes to find us. Rest assured in that amazing promise.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: