Tuesday 23 January 2018

Letting go of the past

I keep writing 2017 instead of 2018. Are you doing the same thing as me? I hope so, as it will make me feel a little better about myself then :) I guess we had 365 days to get used to writing one thing, and now we have to let go of that and remind ourselves to write a new date.

This morning when I did this for the umpteenth time, the thought struck me - "What other things, from my past, am I holding onto? Are these things preventing me from moving forward with God?"

So, I am asking us all the same question today? Are you still living in the past, holding onto past regrets, past hurts, past disappointments, past pain? And if we are answering 'YES' to any of these, then we need to ask the hard question - WHY?!

Do we not trust in the grace of Jesus to cleanse us from our sins, mistakes and regrets? Can Christ not make all things new? Are God's promises to flimsy to sustain us into a new season? I don't think so.

Galatians 5:1 - "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free."

"One more step along the world I go,
One more step along the world I go;
From the old things to the new,
Keep me travelling along with you:
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
Keep me travelling along with you." - Sydney Carter


Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: