Wednesday 23 August 2017

The "Otherness" of God

Reflecting on a verse from Psalm 86, I realised how different God is from us. Well, perhaps I should be more honest and say, "how different I am from Jesus." It brought to mind the term 'otherness' - God is like no other Being in heaven or on earth. Everything about God is different.

To illustrate what I mean, take a read of the verse I am referring to:


"But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,    slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." - Psalm 86:15 (NIV)

Where I lack compassion, God is always FULL of compassion.
Where I lack grace, Jesus is gracious.
When I get impatient and easily angered, God is slow to get angry.
Where my love is weak, God's love is abounding.
When I give up too easily, Jesus is always Faithful.

Boy, I am grateful for the 'Otherness' of God today.


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: