Sunday 20 August 2017

Let me do what I can

I often feel helpless when I see what is happening in the world around me. I long for justice to be seen and for leaders to be true servants. I long for people to get along with one another and for Hope to be revealed in my country. Most of these things are beyond my control, as an individual, but I need to realise that I am not entirely powerless! I can do something to make this world a little better.

I can treat you with respect.
I can look you in the eye and say "I see you!"
I can treat others with dignity.
I can listen to your story.
I can offer you hope, just as you can encourage me.
I can share the love of Christ with my neighbour.
I can speak well of you.
I can give you a second chance, just like I would love to be given another chance.
I can smile.

These small things may not bring down corrupt politicians and self-gratifying presidents, but they can impact my family, my church, my community, my city, my nation. And so I will resolve to do what I CAN, instead of lamenting those things that I can't change.

Luke 24:46-49 - He said, “You can see now how it is written that the Messiah suffers, rises from the dead on the third day, and then a total life-change through the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed in his name to all nations—starting from here, from Jerusalem! You’re the first to hear and see it. You’re the witnesses. What comes next is very important: I am sending what my Father promised to you, so stay here in the city until he arrives, until you’re equipped with power from on high.” (Message)

"Do what you can,
With what you have,
Where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: