Friday 25 August 2017

When I don't act...

I have found this verse to be a little troubling at times: "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them." (James 4:17)

Wow, do you see what I mean?
James is saying that if I KNOW what good I need to do, and I don't DO IT, then I am a sinner. 
So, it is not just when I make mistakes that I sin, but also when I fail to do good. This is indeed challenging for us because we all consider ourselves 'good' people and we try to follow God's commands. However, if we fail to act when the Spirit prompts us, then we are also guilty of sin. 


Edmund Burke - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing."

"In fact, if you know the right thing to do and don’t do it, that, for you, is evil." (Message)

Whew, that is enough of a challenge for me today. What are your thinking today?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: