Wednesday 4 March 2015

Will you destroy what you have made?

Have you ever made something that you were proud of? It may have been a piece of pottery, furniture, needlework, knitting, painting, gardening, or something else. I know that when I have done this, I have stood back and felt a tinge of pride and joy. It is very rewarding to see the work of your hands.

Now, let me ask you another question - after all the effort, care and love you put into your creation would you turn around and willingly destroy it? I know that I wouldn't!

When Job was feeling thoroughly depressed he questioned whether God was going to turn his back on him and then to destroy him. It seemed to him that the hands of God (which had shaped him) would now be the hands that broke him...


“Your hands shaped me and made me.
    Will you now turn and destroy me? 

 Remember that you molded me like clay.     
Will you now turn me to dust again?" - Job 10:9-10

This brings to mind our view of God. How do we picture God? Do we fear that the hands that made us would quickly move to destroy us?

Prayer: As you pray this morning, reflect on your image of Jesus. How do you view God? I encourage you to find something you have made and to look at it carefully. Image that God is now doing the same with us. Picture then how God would loving look at the work of his hands and do all he can to care for us.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: