Thursday 3 September 2009

No words


I lost a friend today. I have no words, few prayers and a million memories. Barry Marshall you will be remembered as father, husband, friend, genuine Christ-follower, minister and musician. You helped shape my faith in more ways than I can explain. My head is spinning with the news. May Jesus hold your family close in these dark days.

Friends, forgive my lack of creativity. Please put prayer into practise and pray for Barry's young family. He was 37 and he leaves behind Elaine and two small kids.

“If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves.” (Message) - Romans 8:26-27

Wrestling with why?
D3LM3

2 comments:

Jenny Hillebrand said...

why? indeed.

Unknown said...

We often wonder why him...why his family...?I am very familiar with this feeling as today marks 15 years that our family has been without a father, husband and brother. My dad passed away 15 years ago today!My head still cannot grasp how much time that is...that we have missed out on....so if anything learnt from this,cherish every moment together with family and friends cos you never truly know when it will be the last. "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9