Sunday 13 September 2009

20 years


I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past week or so and in these times of reflection I have realised that it was 20 years ago (September 1989) that I made my public commitment to Jesus Christ at our Confirmation Service. That day was special for all of us, but I knew then that Jesus would be 'my everything.' I am grateful for God's patience in dealing with me and His incredible Grace. I am praying that the next 20 years of being a "Christ-follower" will be as adventurous as the last.

Here are two Scriptures that have meant something to me over the years:

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! Behold, the old is gone and the new is come.

Ezekiel 36:26 - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Thankful for Christ's Amazing Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: