Tuesday, 9 February 2016
Ash Wednesday - Do I need to celebrate it?
1. It reminds me that I am not immortal and that my life is in God's hand.
2. It teaches me that Christ suffered for my sins and that I am grateful for his grace.
3. Through Jesus' act of love, I am invited to make a response to his mercy.
4. In a busy world of meetings, schedules, commitments and other distractions, I need a moment to prepare myself for the power of the Cross and the Empty tomb.
5. Jesus chose to "give up"/fast in order to hear the voice of his father more clearly - I can do the same, if I choose too.
6. If I fast from something (or take up something) - the reminder of these things, brings my attention back to God. It teaches me to remember God is with me always.
7. By celebrating Ash Wednesday with others, we remember that we are part of a broken world and that we can make a difference if we choose to live the Jesus way.
If you would like to read more, then here is just one article that may help (Interesting article here)
Living in Grace