Tuesday 24 April 2012

Another Coincidence

On Sunday evening, Michael Cassidy shared the story of Brother Lawrence (1614 - 1691), who tried to pray or 'practise the presence of God' in every situation he found himself - even whilst pealing potatoes. I love Lawrence's testimony - it inspires me to pray whenever I can and it teaches me that prayer doesn't have to be 'religious' in order to be sincere.

Anyway, here is the coincidence. My daily devotion on Monday morning (Our Daily Bread) was on 1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing. Guess who was mentioned in the devotion? Yip, Brother Lawrence! How awesome it that? God obviously wanted me to hear something important and so he repeated it for me - twice in 2 days.

Now, all I need to do is listen and then act.

What do you think?
I would love to hear some of your thoughts - I haven't heard from a few of you for ages - come on, share your pearls of wisdom with us....

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: