Tuesday 6 August 2024

Thirsty - Longing for God



"Just as a deer longs for running streams,
God, I long for you.
I am thirsty for God, for the living God!
When can I come and appear before God?
My tears are my food, day and night,
while all day people ask me, “Where is your God?”
- Psalm 42:1-3

"The soul must long for God in order to be set aflame by God's love; but if the soul cannot yet feel the longing, then it must long for the longing. To long for the longing is also from God."- Meister Eckhart

"All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of his mercy
As deep cries out to deep"- Brenton Brown 

Thought: As you long for the presence of God, I pray that you would encounter God's mercy and grace.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: