Monday 5 February 2024

What is your "but"?


What is your "but"? 

Just before you think I have lost the plot, let me explain by sharing this scripture: 

"Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.” Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” – Luke 9:61-62


One of the people that Jesus asked to follow him, seemed interested, but needed to go and do something other things first. His reply could have been summed up as the "yes, BUT....." response! 


In my experience, when our hearts are fully committed to something, they rarely add a 'but' into the equation. They are willing to go, no matter what?


Question: What is your 'but' at the moment? What is stopping us from being fully committed to Jesus?


Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: