Thursday 30 November 2023

Waiting, waiting, waiting!


It seems that the Lord is trying to teach me (and a few of you) the valuable lesson of waiting. I am not a patient person, so this is a tough lesson to be learning again! I had hoped that by the time I was in my 50's I would be a lot better at this discipline, but alas, it seems I am not! 

Thankfully, the Bible speaks on this issue in many places, and I am grateful for the words of advice that can help me in my wrestling. So, if you find yourself in a similar boat, I offer you some words of solace and may God grant us all the ability to 'wait patiently.'

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." - Psalm 27:14

“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about." - Acts 1:8

Psalm 37:7 - "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;"

Isaiah 26:8 - "Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: