Monday 13 November 2023

Forget me not!

 

According to the Green Thumbler (a garden blogger), the story behind the "Forget-me-not" flower goes like this:

"It is said that while God was walking in the Garden of Eden, He came across a blue flower and asked for its name. The flower, being shy, whispered that it had forgotten its name. In response, God named the flower “forget-me-not,” promising that He would not forget it."

This ties in nicely with the words of Isaiah 44:21-22, which remind us of the promise that God never forgets us.

“Remember these things, Jacob, for you, Israel, are my servant.
I have made you, you are my servant; Israel, I will not forget you.

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me, for I have redeemed you.”

May these words offer you great comfort today.

Living in grace

D3LM3

No comments: