Wednesday 8 November 2023

Not sure how I feel about this - what do you think?!


Sometimes we read things in the Bible that make sense, on one level, but also sound a little scary or even unfair, on another level. Take this verse as an example: 

Deuteronomy 8:2 - Remember how the Lord your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character, and to find out whether or not you would obey his commands.

Or this one, which is referring to Hezekiah: 

"However, regarding the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, whom they sent to him to inquire about the wonder that was done in the land, God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart." (2 Chronicles 32:31)

I am okay about God using testing times to teach me things, but not sure how I feel about God testing me to see what's in my heart. Especially the part about withdrawing from me. Maybe it is just the language that is used, that makes me a little nervous, or perhaps I just need to trust more in the ways of God.

How do you feel? Any thoughts? 

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: