Wednesday 20 September 2023

Singing a song


I know that some of us can't sing so well, but that shouldn't prevent us from singing of God's strength and love. You may be wondering, 'what on earth is Delme rambling on about?' Well, let me share this verse with you and I am sure you will understand:

"I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God."
- Psalm 59:16-17

In a very simplistic sense, singing is an expression of something happening in our hearts. The Psalmist invites us to hold onto the faith of our hearts and to offer it to God in song. He teaches us to look beyond our fears and anxieties and to believe in God's great strength. 

I am sure that God is not too worried about what our voices sound like - He just loves to hear us sing! 

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: