Tuesday 7 March 2023

Why is it so hard for me?


"Why, O Lord, is it so hard for me
to keep my heart directed toward you?
Why does my mind wander off in so many directions,
and why does my heart desire
the things that lead me astray?
Let me sense your presence in the midst of my turmoil.
Take my tired body,
my confused mind,
and my restless soul into your arms
and give me rest, simple quiet rest."
- Henri Nouwen

I believe that one of the most important things to focus on, during Lent, is our honesty and authenticity. This prayer strikes a chord with me, as it 'tells it as it is' - Henri Nouwen owns his frailty, but still reaches out to God for strength and rest.

How is your Lenten journey going?

Psalm 10:1 - "WhyLord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?"

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: