Thursday 22 July 2021

Healthy Complaining


Is there even such a thing as 'healthy complaining?' I am not 100% sure, but what I do note from the Psalms is that David (and the other authors) feel very comfortable to cry out to God in their times of need. Perhaps their complaining is more a 'prayer' than anything else, but they certainly feel that they are able to voice their hearts cry. 

"Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy." - Psalm 64:1

Sadly, I have been witnessing a lot of complaining online lately and most of these complaints are anything but prayers. It seems that anyone who has a computer or phone is now an expert in every single matter under the sun. In my opinion, most of these complaints are addressed at belittling others instead of calling out to God.

Charles Spurgeon wrote that: "We shall act wisely if we make prayer to God our first and best trusted resource in every hour of need." He also said," Prayers which are unheard on earth may be among the best heard in heaven." 

Perhaps David's advice to us would be 'pour out your complaints and issues to the Lord. He knows what is going on and God will be able to provide a way through our tough circumstances.'

Is this just a oversimplification of our complaints? Have I missed the mark in some way? Share your thoughts with me if you have a minute. Thanks.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

2 comments:

Cairns said...

Let us pour out our complaints to Lord but pray to hear His voice to act.

Delme Linscott said...

Agreed Cairns - thanks for taking the time to respond. Appreciate your thoughts. God bless