Wednesday 12 May 2021

Timeless prayers


Often I lean upon the prayers of those who have gone before us. Today I want to remind us all of this lovely prayer by Richard of Chicester - it is 800 years old, but definitely still relevant for our time.

Thanks be to Thee, my Lord Jesus Christ,
For all the benefits Thou hast given me,
For all the pains and insults Thou hast borne for me.
O most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
May I know Thee more clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow Thee more nearly.

Is there a Pray that you turn to in your times of need? Please share it with me - I would love to know.

Luke 11:1 - One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Everyday , good or bad , I pray the Lord is my Sheperd.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks so much for this Caroline. God bless