Thursday 13 May 2021

God is not making it too difficult


"Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." - Deuteronomy 30:11-14

Sometimes we may think that God is playing a game with us and that somehow we are always on the back foot. However, today's reading reminds me that God is not asking us something that is too difficult for us. God wants us to "succeed" in walking with Him and the Word is given to us as a source of guidance and Life.

Do you feel that God makes it hard for you to follow him?

I am writing this on Ascension Day and one of the truths of this special occasion reminds me that Jesus Christ is praying for us all the time. That doesn't give me the impression that God wants me to fail.

Living in grace

D3LM3

No comments: