Saturday 20 February 2021

Making preparations



We prepare for all the big events and functions in our lives without even giving it much thought. 

We prepare for the big Christmas dinners;
We prepare for the family weddings;
We prepare the children to write their school exams;
We prepare for sporting events.

The list goes on...

In a real way, preparation is part of our lives, so it leaves me wondering why we struggle to make room in our lives for Spiritual preparation? 

This is one of the reasons why I love LENT - it keeps pulling me back to the question: "Does the Cross and Resurrection make a difference in my life? And if the answer is 'YES', then what will assist me in preparing my heart for this incredible gift?"

Even Jesus made preparations ...

    Luke 22: 8 - Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”
    "He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.” - Luke 22:12

    As Benjamin Franklin once said: "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail!"
    Living in Grace
    D3LM3

No comments: