Saturday 13 February 2021

Love shows up


In a week where millions of people will spend a lot of money trying to reveal how much they care for their loved ones, I want to teach you a little secret. You actually don't have to spend much money at all. The Bible teaches us this simple truth - LOVE SHOWS UP! Jesus showed up when all seemed lost and he made his love clear to everyone. Our response is to 'show up' in our love - shown towards God and others. 

The writer of Psalm 30 expressed his understanding of God's love in this way:

Lord my God, I called to you for help,and you healed me.
You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
    you spared me from going down to the pit.

 

When I felt secure, I said, “I will never be shaken.”
Lord, when you favoured me,
    you made my royal mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.

To you, Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy:

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord
 my God, I will praise you forever. (Psalm 30)

 

In every way possible, God shows up!


How will we respond?

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: