I should have realised that I was not going to be able to narrow down my reading list to just 21 books for this year :) Thank you all so much for the delightful suggestions and comments. I truly appreciate the wide range of authors, genres and topics which are covered by your input.
I have now compiled a list of over 50 books (see below), which have been suggest by you all - if I have missed out one or two, I am sorry for my error. I have already read a few of the books that have been mentioned, but I am still listing them because I believe they are great reads in any case.
If you are looking for something to tackle during this year feel free to see what other people are reading. Go for it.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Living in Grace
LIST OF BOOKS:
1. The War of the Roses (Stormbird) – Conn Iggluden
2. The Choice - Edith Eger
3. Missing Pieces – Tim Weaver
4. Hope in The Dark - Craig Groeschel
5. My African Conquest: Cape to Cairo at 80 - Julia Albu
6. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse - Charlie Mackesy.
7. Dominion - Tom Holland
8. Ragamuffin gospel - Brennan Manning
9. A Time of Gifts and Between the Woods and the Water - Patrick Leigh Fermor.
10. I'll Push You – Patrick Gray and Justin Skeesuck
11. Radical Optimism - Beatrice Bruteau
12. Captivate - Vanessa van Edwards
13. Knowing God - J Packer
14. Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
15. Finney lives on – V. Raymond Edman
16. Man - The dwelling place of God - AW Tozer
17. Wholly for God - Andrew Murray
18. The Universal Christ - Richard Rohr
19. God on mute - Pete Greig
20. The Infinite Game - Simon Sinek
21. The 11th commandment - Jeffrey Archer
22. The smell of apples - Mark Behr
23. The girl with seven names - Lee Hyeon-seo
24. The Jesus I never knew - Max Lucado,
25. Mr Men books J
26. Overcomer- David Jeremiah
27. American Dirt - Jeanine Cummins
28. The heart's Invisible Furies - John Boyne
29. Shrink: Faithful ministry in a Church-growth culture - Tim Suttle
30. Gary Kirsten Autobiogrpahy
31. The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry - John Mark Comer
32. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz - Erik Larson
33. From the Holy Mountain - William Dalrymple
34. The 4 Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
35. Who Moved the Stone - Frank Morrison
36. Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine - Gail Honeyman
37. The Evening and the Morning - Ken Follett.
38. Talking to Strangers - Malcolm Gladwell;
39. The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg;
40. Who do we choose to become - Margaret Wheatley.
41. The Boys in the Boat - Daniel Brown and Edward Wilson
42. Of the Antarctic by George Seaver ( if you can find it !)
43. Dining at the Masters Table by Paul D Norcross
44. Ask for more by Alexandra Carter
45. The book of longings – Sue Kidd Monk
46. All the Light We Cannot see - Anthony Doerr.
47. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
48. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime – Mark Haddon
49. The Meaning of Night: A Confession - Michael Cox
Washing of the Spears - Donald Morris