Thursday 5 November 2020

Still haven't found what I was looking for


"This is my conclusion,” says the Teacher. “I discovered this after looking at the matter from every possible angle. Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. " - Ecclesiastes 7:28-29

We are tempted to look at people who seem to have everything and believe that they are happy with life. It is almost as if we just assume that having a lot of "things" will be the golden ticket to our happiness. We have covered this ground before, but Solomon is honest enough to admit that he still hasn't found what he is looking for. It was the singer, song-writer, musician and poet, Bono who also added his lament to Ecclesiastes 7.

"I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for..." 
This year has been one of those moments to test all of our hearts. It is my prayer that we continue to lean into the mercies of Jesus and trust that God satisfy's your deepest longing.
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: