Wednesday 9 September 2020

Chasing the Wind

Chasing After The Wind – THE NERDY THEOLOGIAN

Have you ever tried to catch a piece of paper that is flying in the wind? It's difficult isn't? Now, have you ever tried to chase the wind itself? It is totally impossible to achieve that feat and that is Solomon's point when he writes:

"I, the Teacher, was king of Israel, and I lived in Jerusalem. 13 I devoted myself to search for understanding and to explore by wisdom everything being done under heaven. I soon discovered that God has dealt a tragic existence to the human race. 14 I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless—like chasing the wind.

15 What is wrong cannot be made right.
    What is missing cannot be recovered.

16 I said to myself, “Look, I am wiser than any of the kings who ruled in Jerusalem before me. I have greater wisdom and knowledge than any of them.” 17 So I set out to learn everything from wisdom to madness and folly. But I learned firsthand that pursuing all this is like chasing the wind." - Ecclesiastes 1:12-17

In trying to find the answers to all of life's BIG questions Solomon searched everywhere - all human wisdom at his disposal - but he found no satisfactory answers. It was like he was chasing the wind. There was going to be no answers in human knowledge, but rather in discovering the purposes of God.

As you seek to follow God may you find the answers you are looking for.

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: