Friday 10 January 2020

Inspiring Prayer

Image result for Dietrich bonhoeffer prayer
Sometimes we just don't know what to pray, that is why I find it helpful to use prayer from the Bible or those written by others. Today's post includes a lovely prayer written by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and that you also find it helpful.

O God,
early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray,
and to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.

In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
but you know the way for me …

Restore me to liberty,
And enable me so to live now
that I may answer before you and before me,
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.
Amen.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: