Thursday 5 September 2019

It starts with ME!

Image result for start with me
It has to start with me!
I am speaking about making a difference in our nation and speaking out against abuse, violence and the rape of women and children. What we are seeing in our country is devastating and leaves everyone feeling outraged. But, like many people we are asking:

"What can I do?"
"What difference can I make?"
"I want to add my voice, but I am only one person?"

If you are feeling like this, then let me encourage you to add your voice. Don't be concerned that your voice may not be heard - it will be!
A waterfall is made up of millions of drops of water.
A beach is made up of billions of grains of sand.
Each tree boasts thousands of leaves covering it's branches.

We all can make a difference in this world no matter how small it may seem to be.

HOWEVER, it must start with me.

I should lobby government to act, but not at the exclusion of looking at my life.
I must wear 'Thursdays in Black' buttons and pray against this evil, but not just for one day a week.
I definitely must stand up for people who are down-trodden and abused, but not just when it suits me.

And so, it started this week with me! I checked my own attitudes and heart.
And then we sat down with our 3 sons and spoke to them about this situation.
We told them how important it is to treat women with dignity and respect.
We encouraged them to stand for those with no voice.
We urged them not to use derogatory or lewd language in speaking with any woman.
We will tell them again and again, that a women's body is to be respected.
We will continue to tell them what Jesus expects from us.
Our 3 young men must learn how to change the nation and to live differently. 

It started with us.
Any change and revival starts close to home. It has started in our household. The hope is that if everyone does this, then change will be seen in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

In his song, Send Revival, Start With Me, Matt Redman bases his lyrics on 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Isaiah 6:5-8. The words speak for themselves.

We're looking to your promise of old
That if we pray and humble ourselves
You will come and heal our land
You will come, You will come

We're looking to the promise You made
That if we turn and look to Your face
You will come and heal our land
You will come, You will come
To us

Send revival, start with me
For I am one of unclean lips
And my eyes have seen the King
Your glory I have glimpsed
Send revival, start with me


Living in Grace
D3LM3

P.S. - Pray for our nation like you have never prayed before.

No comments: