Wednesday 18 September 2019

Dealing with bad breaks

 Image result for tough times
We will all face a tough times and 'bad breaks' in our lives - what is left for us to decide is how we deal with these. Paul gives us some sound advice for dealing with the bad breaks we will encounter.

Paul suggests (in words of Eugene Peterson):

At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

If you feel as if you have been driven to your knees, then let Jesus take over and allow God's strength to help you through this tough time.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: