Wednesday 14 February 2018

40

Lent is a period of 40 days of preparation before Easter - it  is actually 47 days if you include every Sunday until Easter, but these days are considered to be Sabbath days. Over the course of the next 6 weeks I have chosen to reflect on some Psalms, Proverbs and words from Ecclesiastes. I hope and pray that these words will help all of us journey towards the Blessing of the Resurrection.

A great place to start today is at Psalm 40. As I was reading through it again I was struck by the power in verse 5.

Psalm 40:5 (Message)
The world’s a huge stockpile of God-wonders and God-thoughts.
Nothing and no one comes close to you!
I start talking about you, telling what I know, and quickly run out of words.
Neither numbers nor words account for you.


Did you notice that? David was lost for words - he ran out of words to describe how amazing God is. Have you ever encountered that before? When words, numbers, letters are all totally inadequate to describe our Lord.

Psalm 40:5Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us. None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Prayer: Lord, I am lost in the wonder of who You are. Teach me to find the right words to express my praise and worship of You. None can compare with you, Jesus.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: