Wednesday 21 February 2018

35 - Don't stay silent

"O Lord, you know all about this.
    Do not stay silent.
    Do not abandon me now, O Lord.
23 Wake up! Rise to my defense!
    Take up my case, my God and my Lord.
24 Declare me not guilty, O Lord my God, for you give justice.
    Don’t let my enemies laugh about me in my troubles.
25 Don’t let them say, “Look, we got what we wanted!
    Now we will eat him alive!” - Psalm 35:22-25 (NLT)

Did you notice how many times David pleads with God to ACT, even if some of them are in a round about way. He asks God: 
To Speak, 
To Accompany him
To Wake up
To Rise up 
To Defend
To Declare "not guilty"
To be Just
To quieten others who laugh
To change the voices of his oppressors.

God is a GOD who ACTS on our behalf. God is on our side and God will defend us in the times of trial. Be reassured of that this day. Even when things seem to be turning out differently, God is acting for us.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: