Tuesday 27 February 2018

31 - Into your hands

We are familiar with the words of Jesus when he says: "Into your hands I commit my spirit." (Luke 23:46). What we may not be familiar with is where the words come from. There is every chance that they come from Psalm 31, as Jesus knew the Psalms backwards. He would have recited them over and over again, so he knew the sentiments of each Psalm clearly.

Psalm 31:5 - I entrust my spirit into your hand.
    Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God. (NLT)

"I’ve put my life in your hands. You won’t drop me,
    you’ll never let me down." (Message)


"Into your hands I commit my spirit;
    deliver me, Lord, my faithful God." (NIV)

I believe that we can also pray these words - they are a sign of surrender and submission to Jesus.  Have you done this today? Our journey towards Easter is a daily journey in surrender and trusting in the character of Christ.

Prayer: "Lord, I choose to place my life, my spirit, my all, into your hands today. Amen."

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: