Tuesday 14 November 2017

A prayer of pain



If you take a read of Psalm38 you will notice that King David is carrying a very heavy load - in actual fact he is carrying far too much baggage. Sadly, the baggage of his sin is self-inflicted, but he still has enough faith to cry out to God. Listen to the first cries of his confession and prayer:

“My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.”
 “My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.
….my BACK Is filled with searing pain.
 … I am utterly crushed!” 

Even if we let ourselves and God down through our sins (like David), I pray that we would still find a way back Home. I pray that we would still have enough humility to admit our mistakes, confess them to our loving Father, and then receive his peace. Like I mentioned yesterday, when we do this, God is not in the business of counting our sins against us. He will see the sincerity of our confessions and is faithful and just to forgive us.

Is Psalm 38 your prayer today? If yes, then know that God doesn't want us to carry the Baggage alone, but that he desires to forgive us.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: