Sunday, 9 July 2017

Psalms - Brilliant God

There are so many fantastic Psalms. It is impossible to choose only 1 for the sake of these daily blogs, so I will have to cheat and choose a few more. Today's Psalm speaks of the brilliance of God. I like the way that Eugene Peterson encourages us to Praise God with those words - God, Brilliant Lord. It reminds me that God is so incredible and amazing that our human words are just not enough to describe our Saviour.

God, brilliant Lord,
    yours is a household name.

2 Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you;
    toddlers shout the songs
That drown out enemy talk,
    and silence atheist babble.
3-4 I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,
    your handmade sky-jewelry,
Moon and stars mounted in their settings.
    Then I look at my micro-self and wonder,
Why do you bother with us?
    Why take a second look our way?
5-8 Yet we’ve so narrowly missed being gods,
    bright with Eden’s dawn light.
You put us in charge of your handcrafted world,
    repeated to us your Genesis-charge,
Made us lords of sheep and cattle,
    even animals out in the wild,
Birds flying and fish swimming,
    whales singing in the ocean deeps.
9 God, brilliant Lord,    your name echoes around the world. - Psalm 8

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: