Saturday 1 July 2017

1 Kings - Solomon's request

If you were invited to ask for anything that you want - what would you ask for?
It is actually a tough question, but the more you think about it, the more things come to mind. It is a legendary account of Solomon's response to the offer made to him by God.
"What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!"

This is Solomon's reply:
Solomon replied, “You showed great and faithful love to your servant my father, David, because he was honest and true and faithful to you. And you have continued to show this great and faithful love to him today by giving him a son to sit on his throne.
“Now, O Lord my God, you have made me king instead of my father, David, but I am like a little child who doesn’t know his way around. And here I am in the midst of your own chosen people, a nation so great and numerous they cannot be counted! Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?”
10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for wisdom. (1 Kings 3:6-10)

May we also learn to ask God for wisdom how to handle the troubles of life and then courage to deal with all the challenges that come our way.

John Maxwell -  "A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them."
A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_wisdom.html

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: