Thursday 7 July 2016

Why do you pray?


Why do you pray?
If the answer to this deep question is "only to receive things from God", then we are missing the point in prayer. Yes, the Bible does invite us to bring our requests to God in prayer, but there is another reason why we should be praying. And this is it...

"We pray not in order to escape life, but in order to be better able to meet it." - William Barclay

For me, this means that when I pray for things, prayer
changes me in some way. My requests are ultimately left in the hands of God, but by spending the time and energy praying, I am bringing my will in line with the WILL of God. I am not sure if you agree with this or not, but it is worth reflecting on.

1 Kings 8:28 - Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: