Tuesday 26 July 2016

The Big shadow of worry

You and I are worried about many things.
We are worried about the state of the economy....
....about the crisis in government
....about the lack of rain and now the chaos caused by the snow and floods
....about our kids and grandkids
....about work
....about friendships and relationships
....about our health

See what I mean - we are worried about many things?! The thing is - how many of these things are out of our control and how many can we influence? I loved this quote the first time I came across it:


Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. - Swedish proverb

It would be hypocritical of me to tell you "not to worry", but I do want to urge us not to allow the small things (of worry) to cast a MASSIVE shadow in our lives. 

Jesus says it best:

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" - Matthew 6:27

Living in Grace
D3LM3
 

No comments: