Thursday 10 December 2015

Advent word - Orientation

I remember going to the Cango Caves when I was twelve years old. It was a memorable experience for a young child and one of the things I still remember was when the guides turned all the lights out. That cave was pitch black and within a few seconds everyone felt disorientated. We all breathed a massive sigh of relief when the guide lit a candle again - suddenly we could see where we were.

Life can do the same thing to us - in an instant we can be thrown into complete darkness and this can leave us feeling disorientated. We don't know which way to turn or even how to pray. However, the Good News of Advent is that we are awaiting the birth of the "LIGHT of the World." Jesus brings new orientation to our lives and helps us realise where we are.

Don't panic if you have suddenly been thrown in the darkness. Christ is with you and he will soon show you the way.

Genesis 28:15 - I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Remember our key word for today - ORIENTATION.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: