Saturday 20 June 2015

Failure isn't final

I often reflect on the first exam I ever failed. I still remember it as if it was today. When I was studying towards my BComm, I got 27% for one of my tests - it was a huge shock to the system, but it certainly gave me a wake up call. The one good thing that came out of it for me was that I realised that my failure was not fatal (or final). It hurt me, but it never destroyed me.

The same is true of the times we 'fail' in our faith. Our sins should never keep us down in the dumps because Jesus has already forgiven us for our sins. It is through his grace that we are given the opportunity to start afresh. So, when you let yourself, God and others down, don't let it stop you from trying again.

Here are some lovely words from Eddie Askew:

"Yet failure isn't final.
The quiet ones came out at last.
Out of the shadows.
Found courage in their grief.
Found strength to stand.
To them the blessing of receiving Christ,
dead, BUT alive.
Finished, yet just begun."

James 3:2 - "Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: