Saturday 16 May 2015

The safe bet?

"Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists." - Blaise Pascal

This quote from Pascal is an interesting take on Faith. It gets to the heart of a deeper question which many unbelievers ask - "How can you be sure that God exists?"

The honest answer is this: "We can't!.... However, when we look around at the evidence we have come to the conclusion that God has to exist! It is an act of FAITH on our behalf."

But then again, choosing to believe that there is NO God is equally an act of Faith. If you were going to wager a bet on this, then perhaps one needs to think seriously as to which is the best bet!

What do you think?

  • John 17:12 - "While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me."
  •  Psalm 16:1 -  "Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge."
  • Psalm 27:5 - "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock."
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: