Sunday 31 May 2015

Respect to all Comrades runners

Every year I am inspired by the thousands of crazy people who run the Comrades marathon. I think it is amazing and I "take my hat off" to anyone who attempts this race.

  • I love the fact that the race was first run (1921) to honour the men/women who had fallen in the First World War.
  • I love the fact that the spirit of the race is incredible and that people from all walks of life come together to conqueror the race.
  • I love the fact that people of all ages, creeds and colours attempt the same challenge and can find "common ground" in tackling the 90 Km's of pain.

I believe that our world needs more events like the Comrades, so that we can all be inspired to overcome our fears and the massive issues in our Nation. Well done to all of you who have run it - you have inspired us all. (I may just have to attempt the race one day :)

1 Corinthians 9:24 - "Don’t you know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one wins the prize? So then, run to win!"

“It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.”Paul “Bear” Bryant

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: