Sunday 2 March 2014

Responding to a Call


There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow human beings. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.” - Walter Reuther

I have been thinking long and hard this past week ... (hope you haven't seen to much smoke coming from my little brain) ... about the issue of 'Calling'. What does it mean for us to be called by God and where will this lead us? 

In a simple way, I see that God calls us to follow him (Mark 1:17) and then also to be willing to share in His work on earth. This 'second' calling will be different for each one of us, but I strongly believe that each one of us is given something to do for God. It is a wonderful privilege to be in partnership with our Lord, as he seeks to renew our communities. 

So, what has God called you to do? Are you willing to step out in faith and follow His lead?

Let me know what you feel on this topic.

 ·      Ephesians 4:1 – “As a prisoner for the Lord then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.”


Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: