Monday 14 June 2010

Is it wrong to be proud?


Is it wrong to be proud?
Well, in a biblical sense, we know that pride is sinful. Just read this verse and one gets the message...Proverbs 18:12 - "Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor."

But I am speaking about a different form of pride and I have no other word to express how I felt last night - Proud, honoured, humbled, impressed, amazed - they all fall short of how my heart was overwhelmed! Watching the World Cup Soccer at the new Moses Mabhida stadium made me proud to be a South African. The stadium is amazing - it is 'world class' and it is right here in Kwazulu Natal.

As a football fan, I have watched games at Old Trafford, Anfield and even done the tour of Wembley stadium, but last night all I was thinking was 'WOW, this is an amazing place!' It may have been the effect of the lights, the friendly atmosphere of the fans, the vuvuzela's or even the smell of the sea air, but last night I FELT PROUD!

I just wanted to let you know:)

Oh yes, and I also felt something I have never felt before...
... By the end of the match, when Germany were winning 4-0, I felt a twinge of sadness for the Aussies. Strange, but true! (To my Aussie friends, we still love you).

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: