Wednesday 16 June 2010

Invasion

The other day my twitter account (@delmelinscott) was hacked into. I had a secure password, or so I thought - anyway, I now have a new password! So, some random person hacks into my account and posts a whole lot of things under my name - that's not cool! How do I protect my name and account in future? Well, the easiest way is to change my password - so, I am safe from 'hackers' for now.

When people invade your personal space, what do you do? When people are demanding a lot from you and you are feeling overwhelmed, how do you cope? When you are feeling empty and drained, how do you recharge your spiritual batteries?

We can't simply change our 'password' to protect ourselves. We can't always change address or telephone number. We can't always hide under the blankets. We can't pretend that it will all go away. We need to do something.

Here's what I sometimes do:
1. I draw aside for a while - I find a secluded place to literally get away for a few hours.
2. I pray. I ask God for strength and direction.
3. I read the Scriptures to see how others have handled this situation before.
4. I allow myself to put things back into proper perspective and then I come back into the fray.

That's how Jesus did it!
Mark 1:35 - "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: