Tuesday 8 June 2010

Deadlines


I subscribe to Seth Godin's blog posts and he had some challenging things to say about deadlines yesterday. He suggests we should rather change the name 'deadlines' to LIVE LINES, because when we set ourselves a target date to complete a task it usually springs us into life. Just ask any student who has an assignment/thesis 'deadline' looming ahead!

"A goal is a dream with a deadline." - Napoleon Hill

Sometimes I wish Jesus had given us a more focused 'live line' and had told the world that he would be returning on a particular date. Perhaps this would spur a whole bunch of people into action. I am getting increasingly frustrated with people who are blase about faith, life and Christ's return. How do you feel?

Jesus' live line was a little more cryptic (than most deadlines), but we would do well to heed his command.

Revelation 22:12 - "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: